Suggested Method of Oven Belt Repair
Damaged over belts can often be repaired - depending, of course, on the degree of damage. A repair kit is
provided with your belt and additional kits are available upon request.
The following procedure should be helpful in effecting a temporary repair:
Cuts or Tears
1. Trim away all loose yarn at the area to be repaired.
2. Take tension off the belt until it is slack.
3. Using the curved (sailmakers) needle and thread provided with the kit, stitch across the area to be repaired
in the manner depicted in the following sketch:
Note: Yarn contact points which are circled should be knotted to hold the yarn in place.
4. Apply the adhesive provided with each kit at the points designated by the circles in the sketch above.
Allow the adhesive to air cure for 20 minutes.
5. Reapply tension to the belt and observe patched area for 10 minutes after start-up. Pay particular
attention to loose yarns or knots which could become loose.
1. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 under "Cuts or Tears."
2. Cut a section from an old belt or material, comparable to the belt to be repaired. (It is an excellent
idea to save old belt sections just for this purpose.) The piece should be cut that when placed over the area
to be repaired, it extends beyond the damage by at least 3" on each side.
3. If possible, it is a good idea to fold the four sides of the piece 1/2" in and stitch it down. This will
prevent yarn ends from bending up and snagging on the goods you are conveying. The sketches below may be helpful:
Fold along dotted lines.
Re-Open folded piece and cut across dotted lines. Inside square represents fold marks from Step A.
Fold as illustrated below and stitch down.
4. Center the cut and stitched patch over the damaged area, folded side down.
5. Using the curved (sailmakers) needle and thread provided with the repair kit, stitch the patch to the belt,
sewing around the edges of the patch using the same stitching pattern suggested in Step 3 under "Cuts or Tears."
If you have any questions or require assistance, repair kits or material, please contact us.